Dear Momentum Families!
The day has finally arrived! We are REOPENING under our “new normal” policies. We plan to restart all classes beginning Monday, June 1. These classes are open to all existing and new families.
Our goal will be to hold as many classes as possible at your child’s pre-closure day and time. In some cases, this will not be possible.
For our Developmental Classes and Preschool Program, you will be receiving an email reminding you of the day and time of your classes. If you have any questions about this please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For our team families, your Program Managers will be contacting you with your schedules.
We have linked the latest variance from Douglas County and Tri-County Health for your review.
Normal billing on your account will be processed beginning on June 1st. Option #1 & #2 billing customers will see discounts applied to your accounts.
The phased reopening that we have undertaken throughout May has helped us define and refine our practices at the gym. We are confident that we will be able to provide wonderful lessons for your children while keeping our coaches and your families safe.
We would like to take this opportunity to share with you the work we have been doing and new guidelines that we added during the closure to make Momentum the safest place possible for children to train.
- We require that parents drop off their children rather than accompanying them into the gym. We will have staff deployed to ensure children safely enter the building. Preschool families are allowed one parent/guardian into the viewing area to watch the sessions. (Please follow physical distancing guidelines).
- Free remote monitoring of classes is available to all families that want it.
- The gym has had a complete make-over. We have added nearly 1200sf of training space. This new layout minimizes congestion and creates open traffic. We have doubled the amount of spring floor and carpeted space for stretching, tumbling and additional training stations.
- We have removed all lockers from the gym – these were gathering areas for children and difficult to keep sanitary.
- We have designated multiple entrances and exits to reduce the grouping of people before and after classes.
- The gym has been divided into specific partitioned training areas.
- We have established a maximum number of children/coaches allowed in the gym at any time.
- Your coaches have developed training techniques that allow coaches and athletes to maintain as much personal space as possible.
Sanitation and hygiene
- We require each child to carry their own “gym kit”, which should include, water bottle, hand sanitizer, personal chalk, grips (both items are for team athletes only), etc. in a tote bag. The children will bring these bags to each class session. They will then be taken home following each class session.
- We have closed the water fountains. Please make sure that your child brings their own water bottle with their first and last name written on it.
- We will request that every parent ensure their children have washed thoroughly immediately prior to attending the gym. Every child will be required to sanitize their hands when entering and exiting.
- We will take the temperatures of everyone entering the gym upon arrival.
- Coaches are required to wear masks while training.
- Athletes will be required to wear masks into and out of the gym. Parents will be able to instruct whether their child should be required to wear the mask throughout practices. Coaches will allow all athletes to remove masks when the mask may create risk of injury. Upon completion of the skill the mask must go back on. We know that wearing a mask may be uncomfortable for your child. Please understand that your child’s safety is our number one priority. Our coaches will be slowly getting their athletes into their routine when your child returns for their first few sessions. They will make sure that your athletes are not doing anything that is unsafe while wearing a mask.
- We have added 10 minutes between every class to allow all areas impacted in the gym to be cleaned.
- We will add staff dedicated to cleaning all lobby and viewing areas.
- Mats have been placed over the foam pit.
When checking your child in at the gym, please remember to:
- Every child MUST have one of their parent’s/responsible adults be present at check-in. Please do not just drop off your child without checking in. The check-in tables are located outside the front door of the main entrance. We have 3 designated check- in areas: Preschool, Developmental, and Team. Please make sure you check in at the appropriate table based on your child’s class.
- Every parent and child MUST wear a mask while checking in.
- Parents will be required to fill out a Health Wellness form EVERYTIME your child comes to class.
Our new waiver will also need to be signed except if you have already signed one.
- At the time of check in we will be taking each child’s temperature with a touchless thermometer. A child who has above 100-degree temperature may not participate in their class. Please make sure it has been 24 hours since your child is fever free. (*Be aware that if you child gets overheated in the car or stands out in the sun too long, they may register with a fever. We will allow them time to cool down to make sure we are getting an accurate reading.)
- Your child will also be required to use hand sanitizer given by one of our staff members before going into the gym.
- Upon check in, we will also be giving our team girls their own bag of chalk and ask them to put their names on it. For safety reasons, this bag of chalk is not to be shared with any other athlete.
- Please make sure you pick up your child on time. We are not allowed to have kids linger in the gym because of our limited capacity issue.
- When picking up your child, please be mindful of the 6 ft Social Distancing rule and do not congregate with others.
We know this is a lot of information to absorb. This is new for all of us and undoubtedly it will take some time getting our processes running smoothly. We are super grateful for all the grace and patience you have given us these past weeks. We are so thankful for your continued support.
Please let us know if you have any questions!
Marlene & Kevin